Effective Date: 30 November 2021
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT.
Information You Provide
We collect the information you provide when you use our Services or otherwise engage or communicate with us as described below.
- Identity Data, such as your name, date of birth, social security number, and other data on government-issued identification documents;
- Contact Data, such as your email address, mailing address, and telephone number;
- Financial Data, such as information about your income, account balances, financial transaction history, credit history, tax information, and credit scores;
- Stored Content, such as photos from your mobile phone gallery or contacts stored in your mobile device or email accounts. We only collect this information with your permission; and
Information We Collect Automatically
As is true of many digital platforms, we also collect certain information about you automatically when you use our Services, as described below.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity on our Services, which includes device identifiers (like IP address or mobile device identifiers), pages or features you use, time and date of access, and other similar usage information.
- Transactional Information. When you receive, submit, or complete a transaction via the Services, we collect information about the transaction, such as transaction amount, type and nature of the transaction, and time and date of the transaction.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We also obtain information about you from other sources as described below.
- Vendors and Business Partners. We collect information about you from companies that we do business with, such as name, contact data, inferences about your preferences and attributes, as well as inferred fraud risk, from identity verification and fraud prevention partners.
- Connected Services. If you link, connect, or log in to your Stonks Trading Account with a third-party service (e.g., Google, Apple), the third-party service may send us information such as your profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Publicly Available Data includes contact information, your interactions with our social media platforms, and other information from publicly available sources, such as public websites.
- Data from other users. If you are in another user’s contact list and they choose to share that list with us, then we will collect the contact information and your association with that user.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
We use the information we collect for purposes described below or as otherwise described to you at the point of collection:
- Maintain and provide the Services, including processing account applications, authenticating your identity, repairing our Services, and handling billing and account management;
- Send you transactional or relationship information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, customer support responses, software updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, and information about your transactions;
- Communicate with you about offers and other things we think you will be interested in, such as newsletters, product announcements, surveys, events or announcements;
- Help protect the safety and security of our Services, business, and users, such as to investigate and help prevent fraud or other unlawful activity;
- Protector exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, including to enforce and carry out contracts and agreements; and
- Comply with applicable laws and legal obligations, such as compliance obligations.
3. DISCLOSURES OF INFORMATION.
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we share information about you. We share information about you in the instances described below.
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. We share information about you with third-party vendors and service providers who perform services for us, such as identification verification, fraud prevention, mailing services, tax and accounting services, contest fulfilment, web hosting, and analytics services. We use an identification verification service provider to determine whether a selfie you take matches the photo in your government-issued identification. With your consent, we may record your voice and send this data to our third-party partner to authenticate you and to help prevent fraud.
- Companies in which you hold securities. Stonks Trading may provide your name, address, email address, and securities positions to requesting companies in which you hold securities.
- Substantial corporate transactions. We may share information about you in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, a merger, consolidation, reorganization, financing, change in control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by a third party, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy or similar proceeding.
- Legal purposes. We disclose information about you if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process or to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of Stonks Trading, our users, or the public.
- With your consent. We share information about you for any other purposes disclosed to you with your consent.
We share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise de-identified form that does not reasonably identify you.
4. YOUR CONTROLS.
Account profile. You may update certain account profile information by logging into your account.
Access to your device data. You may disconnect our mobile app’s access to certain stored device information through your device’s settings. For instance, you can withdraw permission from the app to access your contact list or photo gallery.
How to control your communications preferences. You can stop receiving promotional emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in those emails. We may still send you service-related or other non-promotional communications, such as account notifications, receipts, security notices and other transactional or relationship messages.
Cookie controls. Many web browsers are set to accept cookies and similar tracking technologies by default. If you prefer, you can set your browser to delete or reject these technologies. If you choose to delete or reject these technologies, this could affect certain features of our Services. Furthermore, if you use a different device, change browsers, or delete the opt-out cookies that contain your preferences, you may need to perform the opt-out task again.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 18 on these Services. In the event we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 18, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com
6. TRANSFER OF INFORMATION.
As a United States company, Stonks Trading’s Services are currently designed for use only in the United States. If you are using our Services from another jurisdiction, you agree to the transfer of your information to the United States, and you understand that your information may be processed in the United States that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction.
7. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY.
8. HOW TO CONTACT US.